PPVT-4 / EVT-2 standardization opportunities
Help make the tests you know and trust even better!
As many of you know, AGS Publishing is developing the Peabody Picture Vocabulary Test, Fourth Edition (PPVT-4) and the Expressive Vocabulary Test, Second Edition (EVT-2). PPVT-III is the leading measure of receptive vocabulary for Standard English. EVT is conormed with PPVT—the tests are standardized on the same population of examinees. This lets you make direct comparisons of receptive and expressive vocabulary. In addition, the national sample is stratified to match the most recent U.S. Census data on gender, race/ethnicity, region, and parent or self-education level as a measure of socioeconomic status. When complete, PPVT-4 and EVT-2 will continue to offer the ease, quality, and reliability you’ve come to expect—including fully updated conorms and other new advantages. Stay tuned!
There are still opportunities available for participating in the standardization of these products. The testing takes about 15 to 30 minutes. AGS Publishing will provide all testing materials, and will compensate the examiner, examinee, and school/organization. Currently, we are looking for examiners who have access to and would be willing to test individuals who have any of the following characteristics:
Examinees who have not been diagnosed with a disability:
- Ages 2 1/2 through 5 – African American, Hispanic, Asian, or Native American children from low socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Ages 19 through 24 – Individuals who have an education level of high school or less and are not presently in school.
- Ages 25 through 90+ – African American, Hispanic, Asian, or Native American adult males who have not graduated from high school.
Examinees who have been diagnosed with one of the following disabilities:
- Mild Mental Retardation – Ages 6:0 through 17:11.
- Emotional Disturbance/Behavioral Disturbance/Serious Emotional Disturbance – Ages 7:0 through 12:11.
- Hearing Impairment without Cochlear Implant – Ages 4:0 through 12:11. Individuals must have mild to moderate hearing loss (40 to 55 dB) and the ability to function within a mainstream environment for most or all of the educational day.
- Hearing Impairment with Cochlear Implant – Ages 4:0 through 12:11.
- Language Disorder (Adult Aphasia without Head Injury) – Ages 50 through 90+.
- Speech Impairment (Adult Dysarthria without Head Injury) – Ages 50 through 90+.
GRADE correlation study
Group Reading Assessment and Diagnostic Evaluation (GRADE) is the assessment that provides key formative and summative reading information, helping you monitor adequate yearly progress. GRADE gives you accurate, easy-to-read results at the individual, class, and school levels.
We are looking for sites that can help with a correlation study of PPVT-4/EVT-2 with GRADE. Consider partnering with your general education colleagues to complete this study with us.
Each examinee must complete the following within 4 weeks of each other:
- One form of PPVT-4 followed by one form of EVT-2. Administration time for this testing is estimated at 15 to 30 minutes, depending on the examinee’s age.
- The appropriate level GRADE test. Administration time for this testing is estimated at 60-90 minutes, depending on the examinee’s age.
If you are interested in participating in any of these studies, please contact Renee Vraa at email@example.com or 800-328-2560, ext. 7311. Thank you for your consideration!